Contractor Induction for Woolworths Supermarkets, Everyday Rewards, Woolworths Financial Services & Insurance, Countdown, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Cellarmasters, Langton’s, ALH Hotels, and BIG W.
If you are looking for the Coles, Kmart Contractor Induction CLICK HERE
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Contractor Safety Management System on behalf of Woolworths.
The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on the workforce
- manages all training and inductions
- administers compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers on a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of businesses and workers
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract
Woolworths Limited is committed to putting safety, health and wellbeing at the centre of what we do and has implemented a Contractor Safety Management System across all business units within the group.
The company manages some of Australia’s most recognized and trusted brands, such as Woolworths Supermarkets, Everyday Rewards, Woolworths Financial Services & Insurance, Countdown, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Cellarmasters, Langton’s, ALH Hotels, and BIG W.
Woolworths Limited is committed to putting safety, health and wellbeing at the centre of what we do and has implemented a Contractor Safety Management System across all business units within the group. The Contractor Safety Management System adopts a risk-based approach to categorise and manage contractors based on the work they perform on our sites. This site presents more detailed information about what the system is and who has to use it.
Contractors, vendors, demonstrators, merchandisers or other business entities who will work on a Woolworths Limited site must register with the Woolworths Limited Contractor Safety Management System before starting work.
In-Store Merchandisers and Demonstrators must ensure their workers complete the Woolworths Limited Contractor Safety Induction before attending site.
The brands listed below have additional requirements. Please click the logo to download the guide and read the additional information. Once you have read the guide you will need to come back to this page and complete your induction.
When arriving to site, please present your paper Safety Induction Card as proof of induction.
Companies / Business Entities
Companies or business entities conducting activities or work on any Woolworths Limited site must register with the Woolworths Limited Contractor Safety Management System.
This involves registering with and logging into the online registration portal, which is managed by Pegasus.
To prepare for this registration process, you will be required to have copies and details of all:
- Insurances such as Workers Compensation and Public Liability
- Company Trade Licences
- Safety Management System (SMS) documentation or AS4801 compliance information
Based on the type of work that you perform on a Woolworths Limited site, you will be given a predetermined risk category of either 1A, 1B, 2, or 3. Selected categories may be required to undergo a Safety Management System (SMS) review.
If you are an individual who will perform work on a Woolworths Limited site, you must complete the Woolworths Limited Safety Induction before starting any work on site.
To successfully complete the induction you will be given information to read and be required to answer a series of assessment questions.
At the end of the induction process you will be given the option to print a paper copy of the Woolworths Contractor Safety Card or download the information to your phone. For those who have purchased a physical plastic Woolworths Contractor Safety Card, this will be mailed out to your company representative. You must show this card on arrival at a Woolworths Limited site before starting any work.
If you move to work for a different company or business entity that is or will be providing services to Woolworths Limited, please advise your new employer to contact Pegasus Safety to arrange for your details to be updated.
Woolworths Principles and Policies
- Contractor Safety Framework
- WOW WPCG Acknowledgement Letter
- Work, Health and Safety Document – Principal Contractors
- Work, Health and Safety Document – Trade Contractors
Woolworths Safety Induction Modules
- Merchandisers & Demonstrators (Version: January 2019)
- IT Contractor (Version September 2019)
- Energy Providers (Version: January 2019)
- Home Delivery Drivers (Version September 2019)
- General Safety + Petrol (Version June 2020)
- General Safety + Repairs & Maintenance (Version June 2020)
- General Safety + R&M + Petrol (Version June 2020)
- General Safety + Cleaning + Petrol (Version June 2020)
- General Safety – English
- General Safety – Korean
- General Safety – Hindi
- General Safety – Arabic
- General Safety – Mandarin
General Safety + Cleaning
- General Safety + Cleaning – English
- General Safety + Cleaning – Korean
- General Safety + Cleaning – Hindi
- General Safety + Cleaning – Arabic
- General Safety + Cleaning – Mandarin
General Safety + Trolley
- General Safety + Trolley – English
- General Safety + Trolley – Korean
- General Safety + Trolley – Hindi
- General Safety + Trolley – Arabic
- General Safety + Trolley – Mandarin
General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley
- General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley – English
- General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley – Korean
- General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley – Hindi
- General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley – Arabic
- General Safety + Cleaning + Trolley – Mandarin
Note: To complete the induction and assessment questions, your employer must book you in through the registration portal. More information available on the Inductions page.
The General Safety induction module is to be completed by everyone who wants to work on a Woolworths site. You may be required to complete extra modules depending on the type of work you’ll do.
Combinations of the above induction modules are available in the bookings portal if your role includes more than one task or area.
Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection
- Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection – English
- Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection – Korean
- Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection – Hindi
- Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection – Arabic
- Workplace Training Cleaning & Trolley Collection – Mandarin
- WOW Contractor Portal User Guide – Registering Your Company
- WOW Contractor Portal User Guide – Registering Your Employees and Booking Inductions
- WOW Contractor Portal User Guide – Employee Induction Bookings
- WOW Safety Management System Review Requirements
- User guide: Ending Cardholder Employment
Useful links to help you with your Safety Management Review
- Safe Work Method Statements overview
- Pegasus Safety Management System Knowledge Base
- SafeWork NSW
- WorkSafe Victoria
- WorkCover WA
- SafeWork SA
- WorkSafe Queensland
- Safe Work Australia
- SAI Global
This Knowledge Base includes steps to help an administrator check company compliance, search for and edit employees, run reports on competencies or work hours, and create users, among other helpful tips. This process can be completed in Onsite, the Pegasus software that powers the WOW Contractor Management System.
The Business Rules specify the requirements of the documents you upload in the system. Ensuring your documents meet these requirements will save time and have your workers approved faster.
Complete and return this form if you have a new worker who is already registered to a different company in the system, and you need them added to your company. Workers can be removed from your company by an administrator directly in the system. Instructions on how to complete this process are available under the End Employment sub-heading of this page: https://kb.pegasus.net.au/display/OCCS/Person